Audio Attitude Exploring situational influence on attitude and behavior.

August 11, 2007

Attitude Check

Filed under: Attitude Check,General,Video — Brian @ 4:52 pm

I made this brief flash video today to test embedding flash videos. Your feedback would be most helpful to me as I continue to explore options for efficiency. In other words, I want to submit writing/video/audio with as little hassle as possible to both you and me. So, instead of choosing between PC friendly wmv files and Mac friendly mov files, I’m trying flv (flash) embedded. Does it work for you?

The video is 2 minutes.

8 Comments »

1. Coming through loud and clear :-)

Comment by Karen (aka MrsB) — August 11, 2007 @ 5:02 pm

2. looks great!

Comment by MikeyPod — August 11, 2007 @ 5:43 pm

3. Thanks Karen and Mikey for your feedback.

I should add that the WordPress plugin is courtesy of Yaosan over at Channel-Ai

Comment by Brian — August 11, 2007 @ 5:57 pm

4. Brian. I saw your post on the FLV Embed forum and so came here. I can see that you are using the plugin but what settings did you change to display a frame in the player before the video plays. I have changed the ‘userposter’ to 1 but it does not display an image even though I have placed an image with the same name as the video in the same folder. Can you put me right on this one.

Comment by Bruce — August 12, 2007 @ 12:59 am

5. Bruce – It sounds like you and I have the same settings and file name/location criteria to get the poster image. What about the settings in the plug-in for image file type? For example, is your image a “jpg” file, and does the plug-in specify a “jpg” file type?

Comment by Brian — August 12, 2007 @ 8:29 am

6. Brian, thanks for the response. Yes, I have ‘jpg’ specified in the .php file so I guess that I will have to go back and look at it again. I am comparing ‘flv-embed’ with the ‘wordtube’ plugin to see if one works better than the other but at the moment neither displays an image so I guess it must be me.
    Bruce

Comment by Bruce — August 12, 2007 @ 10:09 am

7. Hi Brian;
    You seem to be a “natural” on camera! Nice motion background. Look forward to more video content, whatever that turns out to be. Later!

Comment by Ed Ovett — August 16, 2007 @ 5:29 am

8. I like the video and would like to learn more about how to do the same. Don’t use WordPress, though. Looking forward to more of these from you, though!

Comment by Daniel Johnson, Jr. — August 16, 2007 @ 4:07 pm